Purple reigns

4 Nov

I’ve had a reader request! Claire has a new house with a boring kitchen and wants to jazz it up a bit with purple accessories. Only thing is, like most of us, she doesn’t have oodles of cash to spend.

She particularly wanted a cheap bread bin. I’ve done some research and crikey, bread bins are expensive! You’re usually looking at around £40 for a metal box that’s just going to sit on your worktop and get filled with crumbs.

So, I was pleased to find this stylish little number for just £12.99 at good old Dunelm Mill (www.dunelm-mill.com). It’s part of the Spectrum range (below), and there are other matching purple accessories from just £1.49.

Alternatively, Debenhams (www.debenhams.com) have a good range of purple kitchen bits, including this traditional-shaped bread bin, £20, below.

If anyone else is looking for something specific, or has a shopping/interiors dilemma, let me know, and I’ll do my best to hunt down a solution!

8 Responses to “Purple reigns”

1. pronetouncontrollablefitsoflaughters November 4, 2011 at 11:13 pm #

Amazing! I love purple! I look forward to have purple items in my future kitchen!

2. ellaherself June 30, 2012 at 12:43 pm #

Reblogged this on Thoughts and Whatnots.

3. LaMisha Lucas September 20, 2012 at 10:43 pm #

I love these purple items. Do they ship internationally (to the us). I’m interested in other items as well, where can I find them?

4. thetreasurehunteruk November 29, 2012 at 9:08 pm #

Happy to help!

5. sherlonda garrett February 20, 2013 at 2:33 pm #

I’m tryin to switch my kitchen from.red to purple….

• Carole Martin March 8, 2013 at 4:57 pm #

Doing my kitchen in purple and brown right now…so hard to find nice stuff in Canada : (